If you're using EdPuzzle with students, you may run into a situation where one or two are blocked from watching the video. There are several items to check if this happens:
Open your settings and find Safari in the left-side menu. On the right, turn off Prevent Cross-Site Tracking. This will allow EdPuzzle embeds in Canvas to play through the browser.
Logged In Google User
- Open Safari and go to www.youtube.com
- Tap on the profile icon and make sure the student is signed into their ECS Google account.
- If they aren't, sign out and sign back in.
- Go to www.google.com
- Tap on the profile icon in the top right and make sure they're signed into their ECS Google account.
- IF they aren't, sign out and sign back in.
- Open www.edpuzzle.com
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on Settings
- Make sure their ECS Google account was used to sign in. If not, sign out and then use the Sign in with Google option to sign back in.
If none of these steps resolve the problem you can clear all Safari data (remove cookies, cache, and saved data). Make sure the student submits any work in progress on other sites because it will be lost.
- Open the Settings on the iPad
- On the left, scroll down to Safari.
- Scroll to the bottom of the right side and tap on Advanced.
- Tap Website Data
- Tap Remove All Website Data
Once the data is cleared, the student can log back into their Google account in Safari and then sign back into EdPuzzle. Videos should now play.
If students use Google Chrome instead of Safari, they do not need to clear all Safari data. Many students are reluctant to clear all Safari data because they don't want to have to log in to everything they have saved again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.