This article will walk you through how to connect a parent iOS/Android device to a student's school-issued iPad.
Jamf Parent is an app you can use to manage your child’s school-issued device. Using Jamf Parent, you can choose which apps your child uses on their device and set app restrictions for a specified time period. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to add your child’s device with Jamf Parent by scanning a QR code on your child’s iPad.
1. Download the Jamf Parent app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Jamf Parent App Store. Jamf Parent Google Play Store
2. On your child's school-issued device, tap the Self Service app icon.
3. Tap the Jamf Parent icon in the top-right corner. This should open a screen with a QR Code.
4. Open the Jamf Parent app on your device.
5. Tap "Get Started".
6. Tap "Scan QR Code". The first time you use Jamf Parent, you must allow Jamf Parent to access the camera to scan QR codes.
7. Using Jamf Parent, scan the QR code on your child's device.
8. When prompted, tap "Confirm".
9. Repeat steps 2 through 8 to add more children's devices.
NOTE: If two or more adults want to manage the same child's device with Jamf Parent, you must close and reopen the QR code on your child's device before scanning the QR code on another adult's device. Once setup you can read this article to get started setting up restrictions.
Article is closed for comments.