Canvas allows each user to set their notification preferences for all devices. This article will help you find and edit your notification settings.
To receive a notification right away, click the Checkmark icon. These notifications may be delayed by up to one hour in case an instructor makes additional changes, which prevents you from being spammed by multiple notifications in a short amount of time.
To receive a daily notification, click the Clock icon.
To receive a weekly notification, click the Calendar icon. The date and time of your weekly notifications are posted at the bottom of the notifications page.
If you do not want to receive a notification, click the Remove icon.
- Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses. They cannot be set individually.
- To view details for a notification, hover over the notification name.
Set Preferences in Safari or Chrome
Log into Canvas and click on your profile picture in the left-hand sidebar. Then, click on Notifications.
Change each row to your preference. Each change is saved automatically.
Push Notifications apply to any mobile device you have the Canvas Student or Teacher apps installed on.
Set Preferences in the App
You can change notification preferences in the Canvas Student or Teacher App as well.
- Sign into the app and tap the three-bar icon in the top left. Then tap on the gear icon.
- Tap Notification Preferences
- If you haven’t allowed notifications, tap on Allow Notifications in Settings to enable the feature.
- Tap on either Email or Push Notifications to change the app settings.
- Use the toggle switches to set preferences for each available type of notification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.